2016 was a rough year for many–I had my own share of road bumps and disappointments. But in this profession, we have a constant reminder of new beginnings and goodness.
- I helped to welcome 46 babies earthside:
- 30 in my practice and 16 as the second midwife
- 24 boys and 22 girls (Ultrasound told us two of those boys were supposed to be girls!)
- The first set of twins in my practice (born in the hospital, to be clear)
- My first birthday buddy thus far
- I started teaching at Midwives College of Utah.
- I added a student to my practice.
And the year isn’t over! It would be fun to add a New Year’s Eve baby, yet!
Here’s to a 2017 full of life and love and more new beginnings!